15 July 2005

I live in south-east London, don't you know


London is great, isn't it? (Sorry, gratuitous photo of the Abbey after which my manor is known).

After work, with no need for anything other than public transportation, I have been out for a few drinks, had some dinner, and come home to stroke my lovely pussies. Cats. You know what I meant ;)


I know living in SE London can be a bit of a challenge sometimes (sitting in a restaurant next to several charming though illegitimate children [look that one up]), but sitting out in Blackheath tonight was a million miles from Russell Square, the bombs, the suspended tube line, and, mostly due to the charming-though-slightly-annoying band, just like being on holiday in Spain.

Sitting outside, sun setting over the heath (with the slightly bizarre sight of Canary Wharf just peering over the heath), I was, again, transported away from the London that has been in the news recently.

And it was fabulous.

1 Comments:

At 18/10/06 8:55 pm, Blogger Andytgeezer said...

That's a great picture of the Abbey matey! About time we got more pics of that place on the web

 

Post a Comment

<< Home