25 July 2005

Well, what a week!

Jobs, eh. Who'd have'em? It's been a hell of a week, not really helped by the fortunately incompetant bombing attack on London last week. Again, one of the attacks was just around the corner from work, in Warren Street.

It's a hell of a time to be living in London. I've been here for just over three years now, and I have to admit that I lost my nerve a little sitting opposite a girl on the 1850 from Charing Cross. She was fiddling with her rucksack, checking her watch. Am I being over sensitive? Perhaps. Probably, even.

I'm not one of the 'We are not afraid' brigade, but, dammit, I'm not. Not really. Perhaps it's denial, or perhaps I'm one of those who thinks the pedestrian crossing outside Holborn underground is far more dangerous than anything on the underground network.

But, for now, we're here. And here to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home